Thursday, August 26, 2010

Colourful Threads


You must be wondering why I put this picture to start this post....well this is what happened, it was a gloomy week to start with… gray sky and was raining every now and then. Just to put things in perspective, we have not seen sun from last couple of days...


So to kill the boredom, I made a cup of hot ginger tea and started my new project with lovely colourful threads. They were sitting in my embroidery kit from quite some time, so I thought its time to use them and let’s do some needle work…nah!!! my mind said instantly.... too much work...... well how about gluing the threads to the paper that doesn't sound like a lot of work. Well there is no harm in trying!!! Go on... do it...my mind encouraged . So I picked up the yellow card stock paper in memory of bright sun and drew a picture of pretty roses with leaves and started my work.....to see what happened after that… simply scroll down!!!



I glue the thread to the paper little by little and my first red rose is ready...





So two flowers are done and one more to go....




Now its time to do the leaves....





TA-DA!!! picture is ready to be framed:-)



Isn't it look beautiful?




There is one more way to do it, simply stick the threads on a scotch tape.





A close up view...



So after making couple of circle shapes with threads, I glued it on a card stock and made this gift card holder.



Please feel free to comment and/or ask any question you have on above post.

28 comments:

  1. I'm just dumbfounded everytime u post something..Really,u r not only talented but u are really immensely patient,which shows in all ur handiworks !!

    Keep it up..
    Sulagna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Highly imaginative and very simple. This confirms the view that we can find happiness around us if we view things in right perspective. Keep going. "RAM "

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deepika you have woven magic with those threads !! Sky is the limit for your imaginative and creative mind :-) Absolutely luv it !

    Cheers,
    Satrupa

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome...As always great work...Kudos to your creative side of brain...
    Keep it up…
    Yogesh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow deepika wonderful creativity, love yr drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! That was astounding Deepika. How did you even think up this project....I would only think embroidery thread=embroidery. That's thinking outside the box!!!

    Each project looks fabulous! wow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks you... everyone for visiting my blog and taking interest in my work.... love your lovely comments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning,u must have lots of patience:)Love the shading effect:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Di >>>>work is good ..i swear on holy heavens .....i wana see more wot we use to do....in early teen days >>>Post some of ur poetry ....u have written some good stuff before ...when can i see nib painting ...

    wot else ! wot else ! let me think ...clay art stuff with Atta ...u were really good in that ....


    keep the good work going .....luv Ya ...godbless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a brilliant idea. I must say you are oozing with creativity. Those paper cutting pojects, ah so innovative.

    Thank you for visiting and leaving a wonderful comment on my blog. I am also glad to notice that we share the same blog template. Creative minds think alike :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. yep Shweta we share the same blog template lovely isn't it :-) and thank for the comments ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG thats so pretty - looks more like a beautiful embroidery ... Great Art piece !!! Loved ur innovative idea !!!!

    Also thanks for dropping by my blog n putting in such lovely comment.

    - Smita
    http://www.littlefoodjunction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Deepika,
    Thanks a ton for visiting my blog and your sweet comment :)
    Loved your super creative blog and following it too...do stay in touch !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Deepika...this is so pretty....i m speechless....you are gifted....

    ReplyDelete
  15. fascinating yaar, I was really spellbound after looking at the above artwork with simple plain threads. You have given a new meaning to the threads.Its really super creative.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Deepika, You have wonderful creativity and your blog is beautiful! I loved the roses card you have made, innovative and very vibrant.
    Thanks for liking my "brothers" on the artists of India blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Smita,Sanghmitra,Silja, Anju and Padmaja... Thanks a lot for visiting my blog and leaving such encouraging comments.
    take care and happy blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wish you and your family a very Happy Janmashtami.
    I liked your blog very much. I appreciate for your wonderful creativity. Beautiful rose card you have made.
    You are welcome in my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. First time here..and feeling very proud to follow such a talented blog...loved your each and every creative work..Got to learn a lot of things too...I am very fond of any kind of creative crafts and love to pass time in this world too.....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Babli & Kamalika for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fascinating creativity !
    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is gorgeous, wish I was ur neighbor, I would have stolen your creative pieces of art. Thanks for linking in the carnival

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Dropping by from the creative jewish mom!
    I think this is fabulous!!
    Just started browsing through your blog and I am amazed with all the beautiful things you make!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. awesome.. will surely gonna try this..

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very nice, and love the tip about using the tape! Thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday, and great to see you again!

    ReplyDelete