Thursday, March 8, 2012

Coffee Filter Flowers



Hello Dear Readers!! Are you feeling the change around you? I certainly do. Spring  has come with its warm air, bright and clear days. I can see the curly new leaves on the trees and flowers started blooming as well. Springs comes with lot of charm and fresh energy. I can't wait to pack my woolens back in the boxes. So keeping the spring theme in my mind, I have decided to make all my March posts, to be flower related. So there will be flower explosion in Deepi's World for sure.

 Today's post is about coffee filter flowers. I have captured the process in pictures. For each flower you will need one coffee filter. I have soaked the six coffee filter in pink colored water ( by adding very little pink watercolor in about half cup water). It will quickly absorb the water then you can spread them on plastic sheet for drying. Once it dried you can clip petal shapes. For center part, I just colored the white paper with a yellow sketch pen and cut a fringed circle. I have used twigs and attached the flowers to it with glue and covered it with embroidery floss. I hope you can see them in pictures. You can use  tissue paper or crepe paper as well. Even drawing paper, just color it & cut the petal shape. Hope you like these pink blossoms!

 




























7 comments:

  1. Hey Deepi, our thoughts match so much! I too created few flowers out of crepe paper, same process, but I covered the thread tying at the bottom with another thick strip of crepe paper. Check it out here
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/59253414@N07/6819950398/in/photostream

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very colorful looking flowers. Excellent craftwork.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pink blossoms are really welcoming will def tryyy

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pink beauties remind me of wild roses and primroses. Going to make some as I have them in my flower bed and now can enjoy year 'round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having read this I thought it was really informative.
    I appreciate you spending some time and energy to put this information together.

    I once again find myself personally spending a lot of time both reading and leaving comments.
    But so what, it was still worth it!

    Also visit my web blog :: Green Coffee Cleanse Diet

    ReplyDelete