Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Cute Storage Bin


Hello Dear friends...hope you all are doing well. This year, part of my goal is to organize better and find ways to teach children the same. Its really frustrating when you are searching for things around the house and you can't find it. So I am trying to simplifying things and making designated spots for every thing these days. And where I am going to start first...obviously the kitchen. One of the biggest challenge is to store the plastic grocery bags. I need it all the time for small garbage bins. Earlier I was shoving them in a bigger bag...well not now because I have made a pretty spot for it. So now, as soon as grocery bags come inside the house I fold them and put them in this cute container I made. Once the container is full I just recycle the rest.That way I am not collecting too much. Here are few pictures how I made it ...  






                               I decided to recycle this tomato can...I just painted it and mod podge some flowers on it.





                               Then to cover the top I made a canopy with a construction paper...



                                and its done.

Hope you like the idea... tell me about your organizing ideas I would love to see them ...see you soon

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful looking storage bin. You are truly a fabulous craftswoman.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you decoupaged the tin..I thought the roses were painted.Super!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely!! This color's can is beutiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Marcia and Sonia for your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing your fantastic project on The Inspiration Board at homework. I featured you in the spotlight!
    carolyn
    homework &
    DETAILS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowww this is fantabulous ideaaa

    ReplyDelete