Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Sketchbook

I can’t believe it! We are almost approaching towards the end of November and soon will be saying adieu to 2010.Well to tell you the truth I am not a big fan of this time of the year for the obvious reason. November has approached with its chilly winds, grey skies and the clouds that play hide and seek with the sun almost every other day. Beauty of the colorful leaves is gone with the wind and bare trees adding nothing but dullness to the atmosphere. My patio that has seen the greenery and blooms is now covered with the dry leaves:((

To cheer up myself on one such gloomy day I thought lets do something that will make me feel better, so with a cup of ginger tea in my one hand, I opted to open my sketch book and started doodling something (this is my long time habit I love to doodle and sketch in my free time)…well after a while I was really feeling uplifted and happy.

It was a lesson learned: if you are feeling bored or dull, then do something that you really love doing… trust me it vanishes all your boredom.

I am sharing some pages of my sketch book with you, my blogger friends. I hope you like it…
























Have a great weekend everyone!


13 comments:

  1. Winter is knocking at door ..... with the days getting shorter and eve's cooler and the Sun playing hide n seek every other days, it's very important to keep our spirits up.
    And gurl you just did the right thing ...... Sketching !! Coz it is important to do things that please our souls !!

    Awesome work ...... my fav is the first one.It's a masterpiece !

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice works... now i'm thinking i lost this talent with my school days... now i'm searching it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Deepika!..But my fav is the very first one..amazing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lovely! I loved the 2 rajasthani women!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work!!! oh ya I agree.. the days pass by so fast.. cannot believe the year is already ending!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is very nice. I liked all the post
    anandhirajansartsncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. loved your home tour and yr work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you r right Deepika.Its always gud to indulge oneself in one's favorite past time whenever u need some change.I generally starts cooking whenever i m frustrated :-).All the sketches r well done,I loved the first one the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi deepika, I happen to visit your blog your drawings are excellent. Do visit my blog for I too have a small collections of my works displayed.
    anandhirajansartsncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deepika... how come I didnt find you before?? The header is beautiful!! And your drawings are simply amazing.. I loved them all...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful creations dear.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely blog... and amazing sketches... Keep going Deepa..

    Thanks for dropping by my blog..

    ReplyDelete