Thursday, October 14, 2010

Festival Time



So the festival season is here with its warmth, joy and light. I still remember my childhood days when I used to wait for the festival season like anything…and why not festival means joy, celebration, new clothes and yummy dishes not only from mummy’s kitchen but from neighbors also…and visiting market places on Papa’s humara bajaj and bring goodies to decorate home.

Now after all these years, I still have those memories fresh in my heart and sometimes I wish, I can rewind and go back to my childhood days. So keeping up with the festival spirit, I have decided to decorate a simple candle holder with the festive colors.

Scroll down and see...







Have a great weekend everyone.

12 comments:

  1. You have kindled the lamps ..... yeah good times are here !! I too remember riding the faithful 'Humara Bajaj' ..... it's was always a joy ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a signature collection you made! I did a similar thing with IKEA wooden plates and they made a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful...
    and good that these invokes nostalgia...
    they say that those children who go abroad forget all...
    you proved it wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved ur artistic work. You have brought back nostalgic memories. Lovely:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The darkness is wiped out when a lamp even a small earthen lamp glows and reflects light. This reminds us taht howsoever the darkness comes it will be out the moment light of hope kindles in ourselves. An inspiring thought and effort.Go aheaD. GREETINGS. ' ram"

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful!!! The candle holders look so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. candles decorative beautifully Deepika. Decoration with Diya n rangoli around diwali used to be my big interest since my childhood.But after marriage :-) one has to take care for kitchen also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow beautiful,u are perfect in every type of art .

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pots look so beautiful,you are very artistic.Happy Navarathri!

    Pushpa @ simplehomefood.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. unique art work Deepika. They impressed me beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Gorgeous!!!! every time I visit, i see something new and inspiring on your blog---you're truly talented!

    ReplyDelete