Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Colour Splash





I am so ready to show you, what I finished last weekend. I turned a plain place mat into a bright and colorful piece. Its easy to do as it requires simple hand sewing.  I bought a place mat from Ikea...loved its deep wine color and  that was the reason behind the purchase. As you know, the idea was to turn it into some thing colorful and festive. I picked the bright felt pieces that reminded me of  Holi . Design inspiration for this  patch work piece came from Suzani pillow work. I saw some lovely images on Google. I totally love the designs and the colors used in the embroidery.  Here is the link ...hope you will enjoy the gorgeous images as I do.  











8 comments:

  1. this wine color mat looks more beautiful because of your work dear..Btw the small bottle that is holding money plant , have u painted that u sticked a paper painting?

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  2. you made this plain mat really a colorful one... i love those big flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh!wow!This is lovely! I came over from the Artsy Craftsy Mom's blog and absolutely love your blog!I 'll be around again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Color Splash reminds me of David's show on HGTV :) The mat looks so cheerful after the makover. Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a colourful mat.. lovely!! Its awesome use of felt..

    ReplyDelete