Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cute little bag




Creative recycling ...is not only a wonderful thing but it very satisfying to see the end result. I love up-cycling  and that was the idea behind the small bag, I made for miss sunshine. I got my sewing machine last November  and to tell you the truth I don't know much about sewing. So this is my first practice project with my new sewing machine. I hope to get better at it in future...guess i need more research and practice. For this bag, I used gunny sack and old cotton dress of my daughter. I cut a square piece out of the gunny sack covered it with the cotton fabric and  added colorful flowers made out of felt scraps. Here are some pictures...hoping to improve my sewing skills for the new project.       

























11 comments:

  1. is this your first sewing project? The outcome is superb...so cute


    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, like any projects done by you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really very nice bag and nice idea too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cheerful looking recycling project! Way to go!

    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought my sewing machine just last week and I am so ready to experiment and learn sewing :D

    Love your cheerful little bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute project and great to see you on Craft Schooling Sunday! I moved your two projects from last week to the beginning of this week's party so you'll get a bit more exposure! all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really sweet - well done on your first sewing project! I have lots of tutorials for upcycled bags on my blog - maybe you will find some inspiration there for your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for leaving such sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute bag!

    http://www.daffysdream.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete