Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Felt Flowers

Hello my dear friends…. its time for posting my weekly project. This week I had some fun with felt. It all started with a trip to the US shopping temple (oh yes obviously I mean Wal-Mart) to buy something and but as always bought something else which was not even on my list…Ohh I’m sure this happens to most of us. So as usual I went to the crafting section to see what new goodies have arrived and my eyes landed on the felt packet and my mind goes…hmmm I can make some stuff with it…then I looked at my little sunshine she was wearing her black winter cap….so there I got the idea to personalize the winter hat.

I reached home and all charged up for the project and I told my miss sunshine that I am going to put her initial on this winter hat and glove with felt but she had something else in her mind instead. She wanted pretty flowers on them nothing else but flowers. My husband was listening to all this and he shared a funny story about his childhood days that I guess all of you out there can relate to.

The city of Calcutta and soccer goes hand in hand, if you are brought up in West Bengal you cannot keep yourself out of soccer, if you are a sports loving person. Cricket takes a second spot in this soccer loving state. So he was a soccer enthusiast like any other kid there. He wanted a new t-shirt for his game but couldn’t get one due to the limited resources so as it is said necessity is the mother of invention he turned his old t shirt new and personalized with his markers….but his bad luck… it rained that day and rain wiped off all the maker color leaving some faded patches. Now he looks back and laugh at it …but I guess all of us tried this in one way or another in good old childhood days…well that was past and now it’s time to see some pretty flowers:))
















































Have a great weekend everyone!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow that's a wonderful idea !! The hat looks super cute.Lucky Miss Sunshine. Loved reading the write up too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I'm not an impulsive buyer but sometimes I do pick up things which I may not need that time :-) Your makeover with the pain cap looks superb

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple but highly innovative. RAM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea,hat looks in new avtaar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!you have stylish look to that pair of gloves n hat with your creativity.

    ReplyDelete