Thursday, March 17, 2011

Radhe Krishna

Hello friends …. I am writing this post while enjoying the bright and warm day here in Connecticut, which is quiet unusual for this time of the year (it’s only mid March). It’s Holi time… Holi, the festival of colors is in this weekend and I am very excited as it is the first big festival of the year for Hindus. I remember how eagerly, I used to wait for the festival season and Holi was my favorite one…. for many reasons. Well it’s a total fun festival and I enjoyed it so much as a kid… buying abeer gulal, filling pichkari with colored water and coloring people is still fresh in my memories and how can I forget eating yummy gujiyaas not only from my mom’s kitchen but from my neighbor’s kitchen too.. Well that was then, today I do enjoy the festival of colors Holi with abeer gulaal but making gujiyaas... is a daunting task for me so I have restricted my self to ladoos only.
Enough said on Holi, its time to tell you about my this week project…its inspired by cute little Ganesha doll I saw while surfing the web, so I thought of giving it a try and I choose to make Krishna and Radha and they turned out to be simply cute, at least in my opinion, what your say on this??? I tried documenting the process step by step; let me know if you have any questions….


















































Have a happy weekend and Happy Holi to all!!


11 comments:

  1. beautifully created loks so so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute deepi... nice try... u'll become more perfect in future...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Cute .... Wish you and your family a very colorful Holi !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute and very artistic.....happy holi to everyone in ur family....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unlimited cuteness just like your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very adorable
    www.anandhirajansartsncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deepika your Radhe-Krishna looks so sweet n cute.very neat job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deepi.. Happy Holi to you... I love your header... Love how you've made these... they are totally gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete