Wednesday, February 29, 2012

B is for Blue

What a lovely color! that's what came to my mind when I saw this place mat in a local shop. It was the single piece but that didn't stop me. I had  already planned in my mind what  its going to turn into. Initially, I thought I would do some applique work on it, later I thought some felt flower would be nice. After much brain storming, I settled for a quick embroidery and sew on some fancy leaves that my mother send me couple of years back. I am sure she will be happy to see that I have used it finally. Now this little fancy thing sits on my coffee table.















9 comments:

  1. Whenever I come to your site I have only one comment to make...you are super creative! Your work is very unique and inspiring...as you make the best out of something people will throw it away just like that. Good work Deepi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning piece of work.Excellent preparation.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my!! Deepi... the place mat is gorgeous.. gorgeous!! Love the colours you've used.. Superb!! Woman!! you are super talented!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely placemat.... I love those colorful leaves... !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks dear all for such wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who would have thought it would make such a lovely end product. Great work!

    ReplyDelete